Sunday, November 16, 2008
Me, that is the AC part of VIAC is now in IIT Madras (mind you, not Chennai) doing his B Tech in Mechanical Engg.
Vipul, the VI part of VIAC is now in NIT Surathkal, doing his B Tech in some Engg. that i don't remember (because of the endless branch slides he went through)
Harshit, who was the latest addition to VIAC, is now in BITS Pilani doing his B Tech in Civil Engg.
And all of us, still LOVE quizzing!!!!
Since none of my partners were interested in reviving the blog, I thought of doing it myself. I will talk to them after this, and pretty soon, you might be seeing a blog which will be a collaboration between 3 guys from 3 different places, or even more guys!
Stay tuned folks, we will be right back!
Sunday, May 11, 2008
There has been a slight change in plans now. Since the no. of questions are lesser per quiz, we have decided to scrap the system of "mail your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org" . Instead, you can add your answers as comments, which will be hidden till we reveal the answers to the quiz. Following the BITS quiz blog pattern, the quiz is open, till its answers are revealed. So the previous quiz is still open, you can attempt it!
Today's Quiz (courtesy Harshit)
1. The Quarrymen -> Johnny and the Moon Dogs -> Long John and the __________ -> ____________ . Fill in the blanks.
2. Based upon Orkut, Google and the tick started this social network service. King Eric is their spokesperson. If you play nice in portuguese, you will get it. Funda please.
3. Under the lights,it goes from Anderson Bridge, past Fullerton Hotel, to Esplanade
Drive beside Merlion Park. It will join Raffles Avenue and then go to the front
of Marina Bay Outdoor gallery. What am i talking about?
4. While attending Brentwood School, (X) and Jesse Carmichael joined up with Mickey Madden and Ryan Dusick to form Kara's Flowers, a garage/grunge band that played its first gig at the Whisky a Go Go on September 16, 1995. When Valentine joined Kara's Flowers in 2001, the band adopted the name _______ . The band played showcase gigs in New York City and Los Angeles.Identify (X).Fill the blank.
5. His father was of Hungarian-Jewish background and his mother is of Syrian-Jewish descent. He grew up in Massapequa, New York.At Monk's cafe, along with friends Costanza, Benes and Cosmo, he thought of an idea of "A show about nothing".Who is he?
Post your answers in the comments section.
Saturday, May 3, 2008
So here is my comeback quiz!!!
Answers to be mailed to email@example.com
2. As a child, he and Gael Monfils would practice together and spend hours trying to develop a serve like Andy Roddick. He has a cousin Charles N'Zogbia who plays midfield for Newcastle United. Who are we talking about?
4. This company, founded in 1812, takes its name from one of its founder's first inventions, the EVER- mechanical pencil. As a semiconductor maker, it is among the Worldwide Top 20 Semiconductor Sales Leaders and among the Top 100 R&D Spenders in a list published by IEEE Spectrum magazine.
5. "A multi-stage heavy lift rocket built using established solid and liquid propellant technology with solid boosters doubled for increased payload capability could start a burn for insertion into a lunar trajectory and then back toward Earth for final insertion into a modified Hohmann Transfer Orbit, increasing its final Earth-to-Mars transfer velocity through a periapsis delta-v burn performed at the closest lunar and subsequent Earth approach, with the additional delta v gained on account of the potential energy from the mass of expended propellant,"
why would you answer this question?
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
The next edition of Quiz With VIAB:
"Here it goes again":
1.'X' is the grand nephew of a freedom fighter and a former congress president. X started his career as a civil servant in the Indian Foreign Services in 1961 and was a permanant representative to the UN of India. X was awarded the Padma Shree in 1984 and he has also held the posts like chairman of National Commission for Minorities and vice-chancellor Aligarh MU. X is?
2.X was getting tired of sitting by her sister on the riverbank, and of having nothing to do; once or twice she peeped into the book her sister was reading, but it had no pics. or conversations in it,"and what is the use" thought X "without pictures and conversations?"This is the opening passage of which book?
3.She was named after a departmental store, although she is generally considered African-American. She is biracial(White mother and black father). Who are we talking about?
4.founded the Qualified Learning Systems Inc. USA. He is an educator, a business consultant, a successful entrepreneur and a much sought after speaker but he is morew famous for his book. Who?
5.Why is "Sanjeevni" form of kabaddi called so?
6.He was a famous computer architect. He always resisted parallel solutions to high speed computing. He died in 1996 in a traffic accident while in a jeep designed by his own invention. Who?
7.Sabeer Bhatia started a venture for free video conferencing on the net. What is the name of the site?
8.Which site was name the no.1 site of 2007 by TIME magazine?
9.what is "KNOL" and Why is it "KNOL"?
10.She was taken in Z+ secutity from Mumbai to Delhi in 2008. one of the critics, when he saw this, remarked "She should have been Miss India 2008 because she looks so beautiful". Who is "she"?
Waiting for your answers!!!
Answers at firstname.lastname@example.org
Till then keep smilin!bye!
It was great to hear from you guys after such long time!
Here are the answers for the QUIZ WITH VIAB!
1.Rock Paper Scissor Society.
2.Calvin and Hobbes.My favorite.
3.Many gave "It can't be done".I don't want that,dudes.ANSWER what I've asked.Anyway the answer is the distance between earth and sun!!!
4.Freelancing.I think nobody got this.No probs!!!
6.The Pinochhio Syndrome.Not the "Bill Clinton" syndrome.(chuckles!)
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Now the big news, my partner-AChyuth is on a temporary leave, so he'll be replaced by another good friend of mine and an extremely good quizzer-ABhiram!!!So its gonna be VIAB for sometime!!!!ANYWAY lots of talk and no quizzing!!
These are some of the questions for the week ahead.ENJOY!
1.The RPS society, Toronto organizes which very famous game annually?
2.It was the last one of its kind. It depicted "X" and "Y" outside in frehly fallen snow, reveling in the wonder and excitement of winter scene."Its a magical world, "Y", ol' buddy...Let's go exploring". "X" exclaimed and they zoomed off.."X" and "Y" are?
3.Take a piece of single normal, ordinary variety of paper and fold it 50 times. How thick is the folded paper this time?
4.This term was coined by Sir Walter Scott in his famous novel "Ivanhoes". It is widely used in business and journalism today. What term?
5.This game originated in Germany 1893 by the name "Stem-Halma". Its previous version was known as "halma". Which game?
[Clue:"Stem"-star. newer version just had a change in the platform of the game]
6.During a lie detector test lying cause one person's blood pressure rise, the vascular tissue in the nose swells and becomes itchy. What phenomenon is described above?
7.Who is the only driver to have won the Triple Crown of Motorsport?
[CLue:Indianapolis 500, 24 hours de Lemans, F1 championship]
8.How do we better know "Aliaune Damala Bouga Time Puru Nacka Lu Lu Lu Badara"?
9.He has poor social skills and his attempts to date women always fails. His birth date is July 28, 1951 same as that of the creator.The creator got the name from an old coffee commercial. Who are we talking about?
10.Recently an 11yr old boy _________ Bhanot sent a legal notice to "Naukri.com" claiming damages of Rs.1 Cr citing psychologocal harrassment. Fill in the blank.
Send in ur answers to email@example.com ASAP.
Till then ENJOY and keep quizzing!!